We enjoyed our week in Islamorada. The house was perfect for our needs and we love the view. Some specific things we enjoyed this trip:
- Square Grouper- Our favorite meal. Best meal and service we’ve had across both of our trips to the Keys.
- Lazy Days – Always enjoy our meals here.
- Hog Heaven – One of my husband’s favorites. Closeness to house is great. Sitting outside at night watching (and feeding) the fish in the underwater light was fun.
- Wahoos – Good food, nice view.
- Shrimp Shack – No view but the friendliest people and enjoyed their appetizer sampler.
- Snookys (Key Largo) – Tuna nachos were awesome. Nice view. (Drinks were very expensive though.)
- Sunset Grill and Bar (Marathon) – Great food and views at the base of the 7-mile bridge. Surprisingly good sushi and my husband loved his burger.
- Florida Keys Food Tour – We did a food tour here focused on Islamorada history, food of course, and TV (Bloodline and DDD). Walking tour covering 1.5 miles, lasted 4 hours, 6 food tastings in 4 restaurants/stores, and beer tasting. Found our favorite key lime pie – at the Trading Post local grocery store open 24 hours 365 days.
- Islamorada Brewing and Distillery – we really enjoyed our visit here. Unique as it has beer but also cocktails, vodka soda, etc. You can do mixed flights. Great for us as my husband enjoys beer but I do not so the cocktail flight was perfect for me while he tried a few beers.
- Boating/fishing – We rented a 23 foot boat from A1A and kept it here in slip 23. Boat was a bit banged up but people were very nice. Unfortunately due to windy conditions off shore only caught (and released) several Bonita but did see several flying fish, dolphins, turtles, jelly fish, and beautiful places like the water around the Alligator Lighthouse.
- IslaMarina – Stopped in by boat several times for gas. People there are very welcoming, nice store inside, and it’s very close.
- Robbies – Always fun.
Note: Key West – We also took a day trip to Key West. We enjoyed the Old Town Trolley tour but nothing else because it was so busy – even more than normal since the powerboat races were in town.
Shame we have to go home now. We hope this information is helpful and you enjoy your stay as much as we did!
Stephanie and Brian